Django Unchained

Friday, October 4, 2013

Ticket Pricing

In an attempt to grasp the knowledge required to run my own stadium, our Sports Entertainment and Marketing class ran a virtual business simulation in which we were in control of stadium prices for the Storm, the fictional local football team. We had to test out a few games, making the prices very low the first game, them very high the second game. By watching the ticket sales in those game, we then had to make our own prices based on the section the seats are located. This simulation gave me the opportunity to learn about yield management pricing, and how different ticket prices per section affect the amount of people that go to the game. I also learned that once sponsorship is available in the sim, I will make much more money. I like this part of the simulation because it reinforces the idea we have been talking about how effective sponsorship are in the sports marketing world. I look forward to continuing this simulation because it is fun and it allows us to act as though we are in command of a major sports franchise.

No comments:

Post a Comment